Skin Whitening Creams for Skin Discoloration
Skin discoloration results from a variety of factors. The discolored area or skin may be a birthmark, pigmentation mark or a burn mark. Skin discoloration also occurs due to exposure to the harmful rays of the sun. Such discoloration might range from actinic porokeratosis to hyperpigmentation. Other cases of skin discoloration may be skin darkening such as acanthosis nigricans, lightening and also resulting from Vitiligo and albinism. If you want to flaunt lighter skin which is flawless and beautiful, buy the best skin whitening cream. To look good, even men now use skin whitening creams. The question arising now is that how far the skin whitening creams for skin discoloration are effective. Well, the primary purpose of using skin whitening cream is to block melanin production which leads to skin darkening when produced in excess.
The purpose of skin whitening cream
Skin whitening cream offers a range of benefits. They block melanin to reveal brighter and fairer skin. The popularity of skin lightening cream is increasing day by day. It can help to rectify skin problems or remove spots on the skin. But, despite not having any flaw on the skin, there are people who still use skin whitening creams. They feel more comfortable when using skin whitening cream. Skin whitening creams can treat skin problems like hyperpigmentation and other issues relating to the complexion. Skin lightening treatments are best ways to get rid of pigmentation marks, scars on the skin, uneven skin tone and other skin-related conditions. If the case of skin discoloration is severe, you need to use medicated cream.
Ingredients of skin whitening cream
Skin whitening creams deliver result only due to the presence of potent ingredients. They are:
- Hydroquinone is the important ingredient you find in most of the skin whitening creams. The ingredient can disrupt the production of excessive melanin and lighten the skin tone. Do not use cream which has a higher percentage of hydroquinone. Choose the one with only 2% concentration.
- Kojic acid is as effective as hydroquinone. The ingredient is very much new in the skin lightening industry and is not as risky as hydroquinone. It can treat melasma, freckles and age spots.
- Arbutin is another potent ingredient which has skin lightening and melanin blocking properties. Arbutin delivers much faster skin-lightening results and does not harm the skin.
- Licorice extract has anti-inflammatory properties
- Retinol, the derivative of Vitamin A, can effectively address fine lines and wrinkles.
- L-Ascorbic acid benefits the skin as it bears antioxidant properties. It is the derivative of Vitamin C.
- Azelaic acid is an important component of rice, wheat, and barley which can treat acne and correct skin discoloration.
So, watch out for the above ingredients before making any purchase of skin whitening cream.
How to choose the best skin whitening cream?
To get good results from skin whitening cream, you must choose the best skin whitening cream. Choose a product which has natural ingredients. Chemical-based skin whitening product can harm your skin. Natural skin whitening product will not cause any side effect. You may get in touch with a beautician to know about the best cream. Carry out researches on the cream and then choose a suitable one. The product must slacken the production of melanin to lighten the skin. Do not purchase any product without learning about its ingredients. Do a patch test on the skin to know if it can harm your skin. If you choose the right product, you will get the desired result. Using the wrong cream may also cause skin cancer. Skin whitening creams for skin discoloration are an effective way to handle skin discoloration.
How to get best results from skin whitening creams?
Simply applying skin whitening cream will not give you desired results. There are some tips for using skin whitening cream you must follow:
- Apply the cream as per the instruction stated on the cover
- Besides using the skin whitening cream, you must also moisturize the skin and wear sunscreen lotion. This will help in avoiding skin flaking and drying
- Do not expose yourself to the harmful rays of the sun. Stay indoors when it is too sunny outdoors. If you are outside under the sun, do not forget to apply sunscreen lotion every 2 hours
- Use a gentle scrub to exfoliate the skin
- Stay hydrated by consuming a lot of water
- avoid steam bath as that can trigger the production of melanin to further skin discoloration
- Your diet must constitute a lot of fruits and vegetables
How can you benefit from skin whitening cream?
Skin whitening cream benefits are many. It will reveal soft, smooth, even and fairer skin after regular application. If you know how to choose the best skin whitening cream, you can avoid potential side effects and get the desired result. It can whiten the skin without any need for invasive cosmetic procedures. It not only lightens scars but reveals brighter, fresher and glowing skin. If the skin has blemishes, age spots, and dark spots, you may look older. The only way to avoid them is by using skin whitening cream on a regular basis.
Skin whitening cream may also cause side effects
Skin brightening creams can lighten the complexion but might also cause few side effects. There may be burning or stinging sensation on the skin. You may even notice skin rashes and allergies on the skin. This is why it is essential to have a look at the ingredients used in the making of the cream. Choose skin whitening cream of a good brand to fade away the marks. The cream may be used to treat birthmarks, ‘mask of pregnancy,’ acne scars and many such issues.
The choice of the skin whitening cream must be proper. Skin whitening creams for skin discoloration must be devoid of any side effect. If there is pigmentation problem, it is better to consult a dermatologist. He can suggest you the right treatment for skin discoloration. The cosmetic industry has come up with lot many skin whitening creams. Choose the one which suits your skin.