Natural Remedies for Skin Discoloration
Do you have uneven skin tone? As soon as one steps into the 40s, the skin gets discolored due to several reasons like birthmarks, sunlight, pigmentation issues. It can severely impact one’s self-esteem and bring down the level of confidence. There are various natural remedies for skin discoloration that do not cause any side effect. Exposure to the harmful rays of the sun is the leading cause of discolored skin. There can be age spots, blemishes, brown spots, freckles that may be managed by using natural ingredients like aloe vera, turmeric, oatmeal, orange and several things. In fact, most of the things you will find in your kitchen shelf itself.
Choose natural remedy as per the nature of pigmentation problem, your skin type and the cause of skin issue. Apart from natural treatment, you should also avoid certain foodstuffs like sour fruit. Here you will get the list of top 10 natural treatments for skin discoloration.
What is the cause of skin discoloration?
When there is an over-production of skin pigment or melanin, there will be skin discoloration. The discoloration might result from birthmark, acne, exposure to the rays of the sun and the natural aging process. It can impact your beauty, causing a sort of mental pain. If there are marks, freckles, blemishes on your skin, it is time to do something about it.
How to treat skin discoloration?
Skin discoloration is caused when there is excessive production of melanin. It affects the top layer of the skin which becomes patchy. This is due to an exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun, the problem in the liver, poor lifestyle and dietary habits, indigestion, etc. Address this condition in a safe manner by using natural remedies. You can use yogurt, tomatoes, oatmeal, fuller earth, sandalwood and lemon juice. Make a mask by using them with other ingredients and see the difference.
Natural remedies for skin discoloration
There are various natural remedies for skin discoloration. Some of the best ones are given below:
- Baking Powder for skin discoloration is a powerful home remedy for treating discolored and dark skin. It is easy to prepare a paste of baking powder by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda along with some water. Apply this paste all over the skin wherever there are spots. Keep it on the skin for 6-7 minutes and then wash off. As baking powder is alkaline, it can address dark spots and blemishes. After you use it for few times, you will notice the difference in some days.
- Use lemon juice which is rich in Vitamin C. The natural bleaching property of the lemon juice can get rid of dark spots, blemishes and acne marks. The end result will be even and smooth skin tone. It also brings golden glow on the face. If there are dark patches and stains on the skin, use it every alternate day. Lemon juice is an effective remedy for dark skin and skin discoloration. Slice a lemon and rub it all over the skin patches or areas that are discolored. You may also dilute the juice of lemon if pure lemon juice stings. It will be better if you apply the lemon juice on the face and leave it overnight. Wash off with plain water in the morning to see the difference. Repeat the procedure for several times or several weeks to see noticeable changes.
Treat Skin Discoloration
- A mix of dry orange peel and water can effectively treat skin discoloration. Orange peels have bleaching properties to treat skin discoloration effectively. You just need to dry the orange peels and grind that in the mixer grinder. Mix 2-3 tablespoon of milk in the powder and apply. Leave it for an hour and wash off with plain water. It is important to repeat the process twice in a week for few months to get good results. Skin darkness and age spots will fade off slowly and gradually.
- Use sour milk to get rid of skin tan, age marks and dark spots. As sour milk has lactic acid in it, the remedy is effective for dull and dark skin. To make your skin beautiful and glowing, you may also bath in sour milk. It is the finest home remedies for skin discoloration and dark skin. The home remedy for discolored skin can make your skin fairer while bring glow on the face. If there are dead skin cells, sour milk can fabulously exfoliate the skin. It may restore natural beauty of the skin and remove unevenness. Just apply sour milk all over the affected area and leave it for the whole night. Wash off your skin with plain water.
Age Marks & Dark Patches
- Potato skin has bleaching property and so it can be used to treat skin discoloration and age marks. Potato skin is effective home remedy for discolored, dull and dark skin. The best part is that it has no side effect. Just make paste of potato and apply all over the dark patches. Leave it overnight and wash off in the morning. If used regularly, you may get rid of dark and discolored skin.
- Warm extra virgin olive oil and massage the area. Over-the-counter anti-blemish skin creams are bad for the skin. They can cause a lot of side effects in the form of skin rashes and skin redness. It is better to stick to natural remedies to treat skin discoloration. Extra virgin olive oil is good for the skin as it is gentle. It adds to the moisture level of the skin and helps in eliminating brown spots and freckles. Just apply olive oil, massage gentle and wipe off with damp muslin cloth. You will see difference in a few weeks time. To get more benefits, apply lemon juice after it.
- There are a plenty of foods rich in vitamin C. Consuming more and more Vitamin C-rich diet can make a huge difference. You can consume citrus fruits and broccoli to fight off free radicals that have damaging effect on the skin. Vitamin C helps in tissue repair and allows it to heal properly from both inside and outside. You must consume Green Tea to cleanse your blood. Tea prepared from red clover, burdock and milk thistle can cleanse your bloodstream. The antioxidant-rich tea can cleanse your blood.
- A mixture of turmeric, chickpeas and milk can also make a huge difference to your skin. Turmeric, chickpea and milk can help you gain fair complexion and get rid of skin dullness and dark spots. You just need to take chickpea flour, turmeric and milk cream to prepare a paste. Mix all the stuff together and prepare a paste. Apply this over the affected area and repeat the process every alternate day. Leave for an hour and wash off with plain water. Regular use of it can get rid of skin marks.
- A mixture of honey and almonds should be applied on the affected area. Honey and almond has skin lightening property and they are extremely effective. Mix one teaspoon of honey in 5 almonds. Prepare a paste and then apply. Regular use of this paste can make your complexion clearer and fairer. Your skin gains suppleness and becomes even. Since honey has anti-bacterial property, you may use the paste to fight off blemishes, acne marks and skin discoloration. Leaving the paste for 1 hour will have the maximum impact on the skin. Honey and almond paste is one of the best natural remedies for skin discoloration.
- It is not necessary to approach dermatologist to get rid of uneven and discolored skin. There are various natural remedies that may be used at home. If your skin is red and there are rashes all over it, use tea tree oil to get quick results. Tea Tree Oil responds to skin redness as it bears anti-bacterial property. It will also eliminate scars from the skin that remains.
Handy tips on removing skin discoloration
It is easy to remove dark spots and eliminate skin dullness only when you respond quickly. If the age spots have appeared recently, you should quickly do something about it. However, there will be certain spots difficult to remove. Such spots need constant care from your side. You need not spend too much money on laser treatment, costly creams when there are natural remedies. They are simple to follow, inexpensive and smart way to get rid of ugly marks on your skin. Olive oil, baking powder, lemon juice, tea tree oil, aloe vera pulp, and turmeric are the best ways to remove spots from the skin. Now there is no need to worry how to cure skin discoloration when there are natural remedies.
Get rid of the embarrassment due to skin discoloration and boost your confidence, effectively address skin discoloration. You will not feel depressed or embarrassed anymore when the skin is smooth, bright and flawless. Baking soda and turmeric are used since the age-old times to get rid of skin discoloration. The alkaline nature of baking soda can act on your skin to fade age marks in few applications.